This online author conference is run in association with the Alliance of Independent Authors and (in normal times) other major global conferences like Digital Book World (US) and the London Book Fair (UK).
Each October SelfPubCon offers 24 self-publishing presentations and panels across 24 hours, so our global audience can tune in live.
Don't worry, we don't expect you to stay up all night. This extravaganza of webinars is freely available to the entire indie author community for three days.
The event attracts the foremost self-publishing speakers, sponsors and followers. Competitions and giveaways, together with interviews, panel sessions, debates, round tables, live-tweeting and free resources and workbooks, all add to the excitement on conference days.
And the 24-hour running order means some part of the event will be live for you, wherever you may be in the world.
During conference day, and for 48-hours afterward each time, SelfPubCon sessions are freely open to all. Access outside of that time, and access to our extensive conference archive, requires an access pass.
About SelfPubCon: History
- In 2013, this free online conference for authors debuted as IndieReCon, founded by two enterprising independent authors, Ali Cross & Shelli Wells
- In 2015, ALLI teamed up with IndieReCon to extend the reach of the conference, and that year brought it to over 25,000 visitors.
- In 2017, with audience figures steadily increasing, the conference went twice-yearly, March & October
- In 2018, the conference moved to a dedicated website and rebranded: The Self-Publishing Advice Conference (#SelfPubCon). Evergreen archive created which now contains 100+ sessions of top self-publishing education.
- In 2019, combined audiences at two SelfPubCon events exceeded 100,000. Year-round archive access and affiliate program established.
- In 2021, new speaker & sponsor “café bar” chat-room and extra features.