One lucky winner of the First Line Competition will win an enviable package of prizes.
- A Kobo Elipsa eReader (value £349.99)
- A 1-1 Virtual Meeting with Kobo Writing Life
- A copy of Creative Self-Publishing by Orna Ross
- A choice of ten of ALLi's self-publishing guidebooks to upload to their new reader
- Full audiobook production of a novella or short-story collection of up to 50,000 words in length from Raconteurs Audio
- A “Get It Published” self-publishing services package
1. THE KOBO ELIPSA READER
The Elipsa is the top Kobo reader, offering an intuitive note-taking experience on an expansive 10.3” touchscreen, alongside a premium reading experience.
- Use the Kobo Stylus to make notes in eBooks and PDFs.
- Create your own notebooks, where you can instantly convert your notes to clean typed text, and export them off your device as needed. With 32GB of storage, you'll be able to carry more than your book bag can handle.
- When you want to listen to a story, enjoy Kobo Audiobooks with Bluetooth® wireless technology.
Kobo Elipsa is your book, notebook, and bookstore combined, bundled with everything an indie author needs to craft great books. More information
2. THE ALLI GUIDEBOOKS
The Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLI) produces an extensive range of self-publishing guidebooks.
The winner gets to choose ten to upload to their new Kobo reader.
3. THE "GET IT PUBLISHED" PACK
The winner can choose one of the following services, across the seven processes of publishing: editorial, design, production, distribution, marketing, promotion, and rights & contracts.
- Thebookcoach.co - are offering a full manuscript evaluation service (including a full developmental edit, constructive guidance, and a 60-minute meeting) to the grand-prize winner.
- Fiona Herbert - is offering a 10-page (2500 word) line edit of a work-in-progress.
- Jessica Kate Brown - would like to offer a 1:1 editorial consultation (via Zoom) and a one-chapter copyedit.
- Karen Cioffi - is offering a free digital copy of, How to Write a Children's Fiction Book.
- Kristen Tate - is excited to offer free access to her course for authors: Copyediting: What Indie Authors Need to Know and a Fast Feedback session,
- Manda Waller - is offering a free mini-edit of 5,000 words (£150 in value) taken from the start of your book.
- Sandusky Editorial Services - are excited to offer a 50% discount on a full copy/line edit in the following genres; paranormal, fantasy, romance, suspense, and speculative fiction.
- Stardust Book Services - are offering a free developmental edit for up to 110k words of fiction.
- Thothediting.com - would like to offer a choice of two services. The winner is welcome to choose between a free copyedit (all genres) or two free book coaching sessions (romance and fantasy genres only).
- Author Help - is offering standard formatting (ebook and print) for a book of up to 125,000 words (worth £260).
- Bookalope.net - are offering to turn the winner’s book book into a state-of-the-art accessible ebook for Kindle, Apple, Kobo, and others. Optionally, the winner will also receive the print-ready PDF created alongside the ebook.
- Ltt ebooks - is offering a free full ebook conversion (fiction or non-fiction). *Prize does not include creating vendor accounts or uploading the EPUB file to the vendor platforms.*
Production & Distribution
- Isobel Kent - is pleased to offer free access to her Taking Your Book to School course (£249 in value) to help you get your children's books into UK schools.
- Payhip.com - is offering 1 year of Payhip Pro ($1,188 value) for free to help the winner sell their books direct.
- Riley-Infinity - are offering a metadata review and optimisation for your book in Amazon KDP.
Marketing & Promotion
- Author Marketing Experts - are offering a free Amazon book page evaluation.
- Book Award Pro - are proud to offer one free month of their Pro service (valued at $199), which includes a complete award submission.
- BookBrush - are offering a 1-Year Platinum Plan membership (worth $246) to the winner.
- BooksGoSocial - would like to offer their Gold book promotion package ($274 in value) for free to the winner.
- Digitalauthorstoolkit.com - is offering a free one-page website for 1-3 books built on Wix and including key author-specific features. *Ongoing hosting cost will apply.*
- eBookFairs - are offering a free lifetime membership to eBookFairs. Submit your books to an unlimited number of online book fairs for free forever. Plus, get access to the eBookFairs ARC program as often as you need.
- Fiction-Atlas - would like to offer a $100 gift certificate to be redeemed against any of the Fiction-Atlas Author Builders.
- The Happy Self-Publisher - is pleased to offer a 90-minute Strategy Session to the winner of the contest, to include self-publishing and/or marketing strategy.
- LitNuts.com - are offering a free dedicated email blast (worth $75) focused exclusively on the author and 1-3 books.
- New Shelves - are excited to offer a one-hour publishing and/or marketing consultation for the grand-prize winner ($300 in value).
- Sunflower Publishing - would like to offer a £75 voucher for a 60-minute 'Marketing and Promoting Your Book' zoom call.
- The Wishing Shelf Book Awards - is offering free entry into the 2022 Wishing Shelf Book Awards.