One lucky winner of ALLi's 10-Word Story Competition will win an enviable package of prizes.
- A Kobo Elipsa eReader (value £349.99).
- A choice of ten of ALLi's self-publishing guidebooks to upload to their new reader.
- A “Get It Published” self-publishing services package.
1. THE KOBO ELIPSA READER
The Elipsa is the top Kobo reader, offering an intuitive note-taking experience on an expansive 10.3” touchscreen, alongside a premium reading experience.
- Use the Kobo Stylus to make notes in eBooks and PDFs.
- Create your own notebooks, where you can instantly convert your notes to clean typed text, and export them off your device as needed. With 32GB of storage, you'll be able to carry more than your book bag can handle.
- When you want to listen to a story, enjoy Kobo Audiobooks with Bluetooth® wireless technology.
Kobo Elipsa is your book, notebook, and bookstore combined, bundled with everything an indie author needs to craft great books. More information
2. THE ALLI GUIDEBOOKS
The Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLI) produces an extensive range of self-publishing guidebooks.
The winner gets to choose ten to upload to their new Kobo reader.
3. THE "GET IT PUBLISHED" PACK
The winner can choose one of the following services, across the seven processes of publishing: editorial, design, production, distribution,
Editorial (Choose 1 of the following services)
- Adirondack Editing - is offering a free developmental edit of the first 10,000 words of a novel ($425 value).
- Authors A.I. - would like to offer a free full-year '24-report' subscription (worth $200) to Marlowe Pro AI manuscript analysis.
- Bookworm Yogi - are offering a full MS copyedit.
- Daisy Editorial - offers design and layout for the interior pages of one fiction or non-fiction (mainly words-based) book of up to around 300 pages, including a consultation to agree on the design, a print-ready PDF, and the original InDesign files for future use.
- Fiction Feedback - would like to offer the author two critiques on any piece up to 2,000 words (worth £125).
- Formatting Experts - are pleased to offer a Quality Report for your novel to help you fix common issues that editors and proofreaders may often miss.
- Fresh as a Daisy Editing - is offering a free copyedit on a manuscript of up to 100,000 words.
- Helen Corner-Bryant of Cornerstones Literary Consultancy - would like to offer a 1 hour one-to-one session with the winner to brainstorm their next novel.
- Jill French Editorial - offers a free copyedit of a novel (up to 90,000 words).
- JJ Toner - is offering a free consultation on either story structure or a copy edit, to the value of $300.
- Mentoring Writers - would like to offer a programme of Mentoring Services (worth up to £2500). The programme will cover dedicated, extended assistance with the starting and progression of your writing, plus spaced professional reviews and edits of your manuscript, leading up to preparation for publication.
- Plottr - are offering a 1-device lifetime license for Plottr, valued at $99.
- Professional Writing Academy - are offering a free spot on their Writing Romance or Writing Crime Fiction Course.
- Sunflower Publishing - would like to offer a 25% discount on the cost of a 7-day writing retreat in Abruzzo, Italy from September 25th-October 2nd 2022.
- Writer and the Wolf - is offering a detailed critique, plus a developmental edit for middle grade and YA fiction.
Design (Choose 1 of the following services)
- 5mediadesign - are offering book cover design, interior page formatting (ePub and print), and 3D mock-ups and 10x banners for any social network.
- Damonza.com - is happy to offer a free print and eBook cover design package, valued at $795.
- DartFrog Books – offers a free cover design. Plus, a 50% video trailer discount + the opportunity to be considered for a free influencer campaign (subject to approval).
- Formatted Books - are offering their $500 "The Works" cover design and interior formatting package for the grand prize winner.
Production & Distribution (Choose 2 of the following services)
- Author Help - are delighted to offer a prize of print and ebook formatting for one book of up to 150,000 words (worth £290). It includes standard chapter layout, front and back matter, and embedding up to 10 images provided by the author.
- Indie Authors World - is offering a full publishing package worth £1999, for a book up to 80,000 words, that includes design and publishing, along with some training and supportive encouragement.
- Pozotron - are offering free use of Pozotron for 1 audiobook production (up to 10 hours in audio length). Plus, free usage of their script preparation tools, including pronunciation research, character voice guide, and automatic script markups.
- Publish Central - are happy to offer access to The Self-Publisher's Toolkit online course, valued at $249.
- Formatting Experts - would like to offer lifetime access to all current and future publishing courses from Formatting Experts Academy, including eBook Publishing 101 and Print-on-Demand 101, so you can decide what are the right publishing and distribution choices for your book.
Marketing & Promotion (Choose 2 of the following services)
- AuthorLandingPages.com - are offering a custom book landing page design, including hassle-free setup with your domain, and fully managed landing page hosting for life. This prize comes bundled with extra perks to enhance your landing page: Universal Book Link service, your own branded URL shortener, and the ability to easily create unlimited landing pages yourself.
- Leschenault Press - would like to offer a 3-month enrolment on the Book Reality Experience’s Authista Marketing Program, including a one-on-one consultation with our in-house publicist, to identify and establish marketing opportunities, and author exposure.
- Pauline Wiles - offers her Website Power Hour service: a 60-minute one-to-one strategy call for advice on creating or elevating your author website, worth $145.
- BlueInk Review - is excited to offer a professional book review (valued at $495).
- Book Award Pro - are offering 3 free months of their Plus plan (valued at $207). The Plus plan includes award matching tailored to your book and targeting to view your most promising award opportunities to win.
- BooksGoSocial - would like to offer a free place on Netgalley.com for 1 month to help you gain reader reviews for your book.
- eBookFairs - are offering a free lifetime membership to eBookFairs. Submit your books to an unlimited number of online book fairs for free forever.
- LitNuts - would like to offer a LitNuts Book Promotion ($20 value). Books will be featured in our newsletter (10K subscribers), on our website (6K visitors/mo), and via our social media.
- The Wishing Shelf Book Awards - is offering free entry into the awards.
- Written Word Media - would like to offer the winner a choice of an email promotion (excl. Reader Reach and Limelight) and will work with the you to find the promo that will be most effective for your goals.
- One hour one-to-one rights licensing advice session with Orna Ross plus advance reader copy of her updated book, How Authors Sell Publishing Rights