- This session has passed.
Using Writing Prompts to Animate Your Work-in-Progress with Speaker Q&A
October 24, 2021 @ 3:00 AM - 4:00 AM BST
Session: Using Writing Prompts to Animate Your Work-in-Progress with Speaker Q&A
Audience: All Levels
Prompt-based writing is popular, with many opportunities to receive prompts by email or in apps, and the resulting writing bursts can be downright exhilarating. But how can you use this output effectively? This session explores writing prompts in depth—including two short prompted writing sessions—to help writers make the most of this popular writing process.
By the end of this session, you will have the knowledge needed to:
- Figure out what types of prompts suit your style and temperament as a writer and expand your prompt horizons.
- Understand why not following a prompt can be as valuable as (or more valuable than) following it.
- Learn the difference between process prompts and content prompts.
- Decide when to focus on free writing vs. directed writing.
- Let your subconscious do (more of) the work.
- Create an organizational system so you can take advantage of prompt writing for your work in progress.
- Know where to go for prompt resources and how to create your own