Welcome to a new series of quick self-publishing tips from our upcoming speakers at the Alliance of Independent Authors Self-Publishing Advice Conference in association with London Book Fair. The conference is fast approaching, March 14-15th, 2020 is right around the corner, so what better way to launch the count down than with a tip from Ricardo Fayet, co-founder of Reedsy on outsourcing.
At last, the 2021 Self-Publishing Advice Conference is almost upon us. Come 10 am UK time tomorrow, Orna Ross will launch the Writing Craft Conference and the first session will go live. Then, on the hour every hour for the following twenty-four hours, you'll get a new session jam-packed full of the latest and best industry advice. I'd like to take a moment to thank all the speakers for giving up their time and creating such fantastic sessions, and to our fantastic sponsors, without whom the conference wouldn't be possible. We're very excited to share them all with you.
Join Us for the Self-Publishing Advice Conference Opening and Closing
Orna Ross, Director of the Alliance of Independent Authors, introduces and closes the conference. If you'd like to join her for the sessions, you can find the details below:
You can find the Conference Opening here. It will start at 10am (GMT) on Saturday 23rd October. Please note the link will not work until the start time.
You can find Conference Closing session here. It will start at 10am (GMT) on Sunday 24th October. Please note the link will not work until the start time.
What do You Need for The Self-Publishing Advice Conference?
- A computer, tablet, phone or device that enables you to access the website.
- Time— and stacks of it, there are loads of amazing sessions to watch. But remember, the conference will be FREE to watch for the next three days, so you don't need to stay up all night—unless you want to!
- A pen and notebook to record all the top tips and lessons you learn
- Probably a pot of coffee or tea and a snack
How to Participate In The Self-Publishing Advice Conference
Free Pass Holders: Attending Self-PubCon On Conference Day
Once the conference is live, simply navigate to the session feed. You'll see the presentations unroll on the session feed, hour after hour. One session per hour, on the hour.
- As sessions go live, they move from the "Upcoming Agenda" page to the "Session Feed"—which will change on the morning of the conference.
- Scroll up and down the session feed on the home page to browse the sessions that are already live.
- Click the title of the session that interests you and it will take you to the presentation page for that particular session. There you can read all about the session and speaker. Hit play to watch the session (check the time if the presentation is not showing for you; it may not be live yet)
- You can also enter for a giveaway and download your workbook if that speaker has provided one.
- To get the most from the conference, join the speakers, sponsors and other authors who will be live-tweeting throughout the day and night on Twitter on the hashtags: #SelfPubCon21 and #SelfPubCon.
Where to Find Information About The Self-Publishing Advice Conference
There's a detailed post called: How to attend #SelfPubCon21, which goes into more detail about the conference, access passes, lifetime passes, the agenda, speakers and more.
If you'd like to see the list of speakers, please visit the Speaker Page here.
If you'd like to see the agenda, visit the Agenda page here.
Don't Forget The Giveaways
Not only have our speakers donated their time, some of them are also running giveaways, from free title setup on print and ebooks to 15% off plotting software, books, courses and much, much more. To enter the giveaways, check each session post. If a speaker is running a giveaway or offering a free download, it will be located beneath the presentation.
Who is Sponsoring The Self-Publishing Advice Conference?
Find out more about our Gold Sponsor Ingram Spark and the fabulous offer they have for conference attendees by clicking their logo.
Find out more about our joint silver sponsors, BookFunnel and Writing Magazine, by clicking their logos.
Thanks also goes to our session sponsors, Write|Publish|Sell, Plottr, Findaway Voices, and The CIEP. Click the images to find out more.